Our line of Metso Outotec railcar movers come in a wide variety of configurations and capacities to suit specific applications.
Engineered wire rope puller
Adaptability and varying speed capacity
Metso Outotec wire rope car pullers are available in one-way and reversible models. They are adaptable to many special handling jobs including ladle cars, industrial cars, furnace hoods and doors, ships in dry-dock, shuttle conveyors and roll-off containers.
- Style 969: One way car puller – generally used where individual or strings of 20 cars.
- Style 970: Single drum, reversible – generally used where cars must be moved or controlled in both directions along a level track. Travel length is typically limited to 152 meters (500 ft.).
- Style 1000: Double drum, reversible – designed for applications where a closed rope circuit is required. The double drum extends the permissible travel range to as much as 610 meters (2,000 ft.)
Nolan HCM™ (Hydraulic car mover)
Metso Outotec Nolan HCM’s are engineered for moving strings of up to 35 railcars with spotting accuracy of ± 15.24 cm (± 6”). Used where hydraulic cylinders are preferred over wire rope winches due to site conditions or other considerations.
- Cylinder propelled (double-acting)
- Mounted to the outside of rail (on ties or concrete)
- Pusher dogs push on truck frame (stow when not in use)
- Single-directional, ± 15.24 cm (± 6”) spotting accuracy
- 16 m (52’-6”) travel with standard 4-dog; other travel distances available
- Adjusts automatically to cars of varying lengths
- Standard duty HCM is rated for 20,400 kp (45,000 lbf.) pushing force
- Heavy duty HCM is rated for 24,950 kp (55,000 lbf.) pushing force
- Can handle up to 35 railcars on straight and level track